Veterinary Practice Manager, Glen Veterinary (Permanent Role)
Location: Tipperary Town, Co Tipperary
Veterinary is an eight vet full-service veterinary hospital, whose philosophy is to provide modern veterinary medicine with genuine care and compassion. . We are a two branch practice with a newly built state of the art veterinary hospital in Tipperary and a branch practice in Ballylanders, Co. Limerick. Established in 1904, we pride ourselves in providing the highest standards in veterinary care to both farm and companion animals in our community. We truly love what we do!
Are you an experienced and motivated team leader who is looking for a rewarding career in veterinary medicine? We are seeking a dynamic Veterinary Practice Manager to join our hospital team.
About the Position:
to the Practice Owner, the Practice Manager plays an integral role in leading the practice team and providing excellent customer service to our clients. You will be responsible for day-to-day hospital operations, leading our team in providing superior customer care to our farm and small animal clients.
Your role will be to inspire, lead and motivate staff, ensuring your team delivers exceptional customer service. You will be responsible for management, training and development of staff while striving to achieve the highest standards in customer care and maximum potential from the practice.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- People Management: Directly manage, develop and motivate the practice team. Provide leadership to the team, through regular meetings, objective setting, and effective communication.
- Operations: Managing, planning and co-ordinating the overall operations of the practice including staff rostering, client scheduling, retail management.
- Business Development: Driving revenue and managing costs and inventory.
- Procurement: Managing supplier relationships and product range.
- Customer Service: Leading a customer first service proposition across the practice.
- Sales and Marketing: Developing in store merchandising, promotion cycles and activity. Achieve agreed sales targets. Manage social media platforms.
- Compliance and Governance: Implement policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legal obligations relating to customer data, health and safety and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) etc.
- Culture: Cultivate a culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service in a collaborative team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a team management role.
- Veterinary practice management experience preferred, although we will also consider strong candidates from other service industries (i.e. retail, hospitality, human healthcare).
- An understanding of veterinary, farming and the animal health sector is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership ability with experience in coaching, mentoring and developing teams using a positive leadership style.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise.
- A friendly outgoing personality, excellent customer service skills and ambition to deliver beyond customers’ expectation.
- Problem-solving and resolution management skills in a busy environment.
- Excellent team work skills as well ability to work on own initiative.
- Experienced in implementing customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills to include MS Office.
- This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further their career.
Applicants should apply with a Cover Letter outlining why they believe they are a suitable candidate for the position and detailed CV to email@example.com.
Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.